(ANDOVER, Mass. and Munich, Germany – May 9, 2012) Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced the availability of the Aras Innovator® platform and solution suite on Microsoft Corp.’s SQL Server 2012. Aras enabled on SQL Server 2012 offers a new level of scalability with high availability, including on-demand scaling, next-generation performance capabilities and the ability to extend data from on-premise implementations to cloud deployments.
“As PLM is extended across the global supply chain, the requirements for high performance at massive scale continue to increase,” said Peter Bilello, President at CIMdata. “The proven scalability of SQL Server 2012 combined with Aras’ partitionable Web architecture are well suited to perform in these types of distributed global deployments.”
“SQL Server 2012 was developed to give our customers capabilities that extend beyond the database, providing a cloud-ready information platform that delivers mission-critical confidence and breakthrough insight,” said Eugene Saburi, General Manager, SQL Server Product Marketing, at Microsoft. “Aras’s enterprise PLM solution on SQL Server 2012 aims to give enterprises global scalability and demonstrate the company’s commitment to delivering the best new technologies to customers.”
“While the globalization of product development offers many advantages, it also presents businesses with new challenges, such as performance, always-on accessibility and the ability to accurately and efficiently manage ever-increasing amounts of data. SQL Server 2012 offers companies that run Aras the robust, reliable platform they need for a successful enterprise-wide PLM deployment that can manage big data and grow and evolve with their business,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras.
SQL Server 2012 enhancements include:
• On-Demand Scaling – Scale beyond the constraints of any one deployment environment by taking advantage hybrid IT opportunities with a common architecture that spans traditional servers, appliances and the cloud.
• Open Portability – Gain operational flexibility with proven Microsoft cloud offerings, private or public, which deliver interoperable deployment options with open portability for the ability to freely move PLM applications and data quickly and easily from instances on-premise to private and public cloud environments.
• Accelerated Performance – Next-generation performance with SQL Server 2012’s xVelocity in-memory technologies and data compression capabilities that reduce growing volumes of data by 50-60%.
• Powerful Business Intelligence – High performance BI with reporting cubes that can scale to 10’s of Terabytes, expanded support for up to 640 logical processors, and massively parallel processing that scales to 600+ TB.
• Security and Compliance – Built-in encryption capabilities help protect confidential information without changes to the application.
For more information about SQL 2012, please visit www.microsoft.com/sqlserver
Aras is the leading provider of enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solutions. Freedom from licensing eliminates up-front expenses and per user costs while superior technology makes Aras the most advanced enterprise PLM solution suite available. Customers include Motorola, Freudenberg, GE, Hitachi, Lockheed Martin, Textron and TEVA Pharmaceuticals. Aras is privately held with global headquarters in Andover, Mass. For additional information visit www.aras.com or follow us on Twitter @aras_plm
Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.