Belk Department Stores Utilizing TradeStone Merchandise Lifecycle Management to Facilitate Private Label Growth
Retailer Leveraging PLM for Retail, Collaborative Sourcing and Order Management Capabilities to Increase Global Visibility
Gloucester, Mass. Gloucester, Mass., August 3, 2011
- TradeStone Software, delivering Merchandise Lifecycle Management (MLM) solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of retail goods, today announced Belk, the nation’s largest privately-owned department store, is leveraging TradeStone’s PLM for Retail, Collaborative Sourcing and Order Management capabilities.
- Belk is utilizing TradeStone’s Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions to help manage the department store chain’s growing private label business. Private label now accounts for 29% of the company’s total sales. An impressive growth from just 12% nearly six years ago.
- Belk is proud of the 100% adoption rate they have achieved with internal users and suppliers.
- Since the department store giant has gone live, the company has seen increased visibility, improved communication and greater consistency in their processes.
- With TradeStone, Belk and their vendors have global visibility in real-time, eliminating delays in communication.
- “When we first sought out a technology platform, we evaluated 15 vendors and TradeStone came out on top thanks to its ability to provide one end-to-end system,” said Mike Restaino, Vice President of Sourcing, Design and Operations, Belk, Inc. “Since we’ve gone live, we’ve been impressed how information is now literally at our fingertips. We now have visibility to all the relevant information on all aspects of the development and production cycle and we look forward to what the next phase will bring.”
- “We are very impressed with the speed and maturity with which Belk has grown their private label and private brands program,” said Sue Welch, CEO, TradeStone Software. “We are also proud at how well our Merchandise Lifecycle Management suite has been received by Belk’s users and will work hard to provide them key capabilities that will help them continue on their momentous growth path.”
About Belk, Inc.
Charlotte, N.C.-based Belk, Inc. is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company with 308 Belk stores in 16 Southern states. It was founded in 1888 by William Henry Belk in Monroe, N.C. and is in the third generation of Belk family leadership.
About TradeStone Software, Inc.
TradeStone Software helps retailers, brand manufacturers and suppliers increase market share and improve margins through the use of Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of their private label and branded goods. Organizations including American Eagle Outfitters, Belk, Boots, Guitar Center, Kohl’s, Le Chateau, Macy’s, NBrown Catalog Company, Pacific Sunwear, Shoprite, The Children’s Place, Urban Outfitters and Wilkinson use TradeStone’s solutions to help them bring innovative and highly profitable products to market at record speeds.
TradeStone Software is headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., with offices in Atlanta, Bangalore, Hong Kong and London. More information can be found on the Web at www.tradestonesoftware.com.