Dassault Systèmes Introduces “Perfect Production” Industry Solution Experience for Global CPG Manufacturers
Digital Manufacturing Operations Management Solution for a Leaner, Faster Enterprise
VELIZY-VILLACOUBLAY, France — February 17, 2016 — Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065,DSY.PA), the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced the launch of its fourth industry solution experience for the consumer packaged goods (CPG) and retail industry, “Perfect Production.” Based on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, “Perfect Production” helps modern, global CPG manufacturers improve plant efficiency, productivity and flexibility with powerful digital manufacturing operations management applications.
Large food, beverage, tobacco, beauty and healthcare manufacturers as well as packaging and ingredients suppliers face daunting challenges in order to meet consumer demand in a competitive marketplace. New goods must be delivered on time without compromising quality, yet gaining this efficiency can be a challenge. Different product mixes, materials, and compliance requirements involving multiple factories, geographies and suppliers must be managed.
Dassault Systèmes’ “Perfect Production” industry solution experience addresses the manufacturing complexities that affect large CPG manufacturers, and helps them achieve a new standard of production excellence. By introducing the concept of a virtual twin to CPG production, “Perfect Production” provides real-time visibility, control and synchronization of the business processes performed by plants and suppliers. Manufacturers can establish a common set of operational standards that can be managed holistically and globally, while continuously improving and meeting local market and customer needs.
“CPG has one of the highest business complexities of any industry, and this in the context of a volatile marketplace where 80 percent of new products fail within their first year,” said Philippe Loeb, Vice President, Consumer Packaged Goods & Retail Industry, Dassault Systèmes. “With ‘Perfect Production,’ companies can improve efficiency, lower costs and accelerate new product introductions. Some of our customers have already saved millions and seen triple digit growth among their product mix and markets thanks to leaner operations.”
Specifically, “Perfect Production” offers large consumer packaged goods manufacturers:
- Accelerated new product introduction and reduced cost of quality, from paperless manufacturing that synchronizes master data with the plant floor and allows for process improvements
- Reduced inventory and increased production throughput, from raw materials, components and semi-finished goods synchronized with production, quality inspection and equipment maintenance processes
- Brand integrity and a consistent consumer experience, from precise and uniform management of all operational processes for multiple brands and regions within and across plants, with the flexibility to adapt to local requirements
- Synchronized and coordinated flow of information, from a single version of the truth between suppliers, warehouses and production
- Rapid recognition and correction of quality issues, from collaborative problem-solving across a dynamic supply chain before issues become serious
For more information on Dassault Systèmes’ industry solution experiences for consumer packaged goods and retail: http://www.3ds.com/industries/
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 190,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
3DEXPERIENCE, the Compass logo and the 3DS logo, CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, ENOVIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA, GEOVIA, EXALEAD, 3D VIA, 3DSWYM, BIOVIA, NETVIBES and 3DEXCITE are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.