CES Las Vegas 6 January 2017
Dassault Systèmes is demonstrating the “Fossil Q Watch Experience” at CES in Las Vegas until January 8, 2017, to showcase how global consumer goods and retail companies can leverage the 3DEXPERIENCE platform with the internet of things, 3D printing and other high-tech solutions to inspire new consumer experiences in a fast-paced, trend-driven industry.
At booth #42530 on level 2 in halls A-C, the Fossil Q Watch Experience features the Fossil Q smartwatch from the global lifestyle accessories company Fossil Group. The demonstration illustrates the fusion of classic style with smart technology by detailing the virtual design, development, launch and selling phases of a smartwatch achieved with Dassault Systèmes’ industry solution experiences:
- Design: Using “My Design,” the initial concept of a watch is designed virtually in 3D. The data is used to create high-quality images, animations and immersive content depicting the product in the real world, in order to validate the most innovative and robust design concepts.
- Product development: Using “My Collection,” a single and unified digital environment connects internal and external stakeholders, integrates the supply chain, and improves visibility, flexibility and decision support throughout the watch’s lifecycle.
- Manufacturing: Using “My Production,” the watch’s 3D design and engineering can be virtually verified through 3D printing, to avoid making costly production changes later on. A 3D-printed prototype of the watch will be on display.
- Consumer: Using “My Retail Theatre,” an assortment of different watch styles and colours can be explored using interactive, high-end 3D visualisation capabilities. This visual experience lets retailers develop sales and marketing assets from the same 3D master model that was created during the product design phase, for consistent and seamless messaging across all selling points.
- Product: The final, physical watch sold to consumers is on display, testimony to the digital continuity that began with 3D design data, and continued with product development and a 3D-printed prototype, and through to an omni-channel assortment.
For more information on Dassault Systèmes at CES, visit: http://www.3ds.com/3ds-