DeSL announces the release of version 4.0 of its PLM, SRM, ERP and E-Commerce products
(Cardiff, UK, July 2011) DeSL announces the release of version 4.0 of its PLM, SRM, ERP and E-Commerce products.
The release includes many functional enhancements including:
- Full and real time bi-directional integration with Adobe Illustrator versions CS3, CS4 and CS5.
- A new interface via DeSL’s web portal to enhance end user’s experience and to support functions such as ‘my home page’ and Excel grids.
- Capabilities to import data directly from PDF’s and spreadsheets to create on-line tech packs and product libraries without the need for re-keying.
- Supplier/Vendor compliance management including standards such as CPSIA.
- AQL quality standards within production/procurement.
- Integration between Story Boards, customer sales catalogues and E-Commerce.
- Logistics management and direct deliveries for purchase orders.
- Integration between Line Planning and Sales and Demand Forecasting.
- 3D product visualisation.
Colin Marks, CEO DeSL, states “this version represents a new vision and paradigm for PLM and ‘end to end’ fashion software. We’ve not taken the easy route of incorporating 3rd party products such as Excel grid controls into our solution. We developed our own because purchased 3rd party products are generally too slow over low Internet connection speeds such as those experienced in remote locations such as China, Indonesia, Cambodia and South America etc. Most of our customers want to include their suppliers/vendors in their collaborative network so speed of response is essential.
We have also taken huge steps with the full integration to Adobe Illustrator. Creative people don’t really want to use commercial solutions such as PLM, so with our new ‘plug in’ they don’t need to! We enable designers to create products, tech packs, BOM’s and sample requests, all from their Illustrator workspace. The single source of PLM data is actually extended into Illustrator with obvious speed to market advantages.
From a technological and quality perspective, we recently were appointed Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for the 4th consecutive year. This year was even tougher as Microsoft has changed the qualifying criteria, so we are very proud to be the only vendor in this sector with this track record. We also moved to version 4.0 of the .Net Framework and again remain the only vendor with a ‘pure Internet architecture’ and accredited as .Net Connected.
Our full range of products are also now being adopted by many global retailers in addition to wholesale/manufacturing companies, with numerous new deals recently signed including Bravissimo in UK, Men’s Wearhouse in USA and GRI Retail in Hong Kong.”
DeSL is a U.K. based provider of web-based software, built with Microsoft.NET technology, to the apparel, footwear and textile sectors. Applications include PLM, Sourcing, ERP, CRM, WMS and e-Commerce – available as an integrated end-to-end solution or a modular departmental solution. DeSL is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner with a global sales and implementation network. For more information visit www.desl.net