SourceTrends 2015 Agenda Covers Testing Regulations, US Customs and Supply Chain Visibility
Hong Kong, January 6, 2015 – Every major apparel & footwear brand and retailer has a visible presence in Asia, especially Hong Kong and China. For this reason, ecVision continues to host and facilitate an industry-wide educational seminar for its second consecutive year. SourceTrends 2015: Global Testing and Compliance Complexity will be held on March 16, 2015 in Hong Kong. Following the first of its kind in Asia, this event brings together apparel, footwear and other soft line brands, retailers, manufacturers and major suppliers from around the globe to discuss the latest trends and solutions surrounding the business challenges companies face daily.
The year’s agenda is comprised of five panel discussions that address product testing regulations, US customs and supply chain traceability issues. Each panel will be comprised of speakers from retail or brand organizations, product testing or audit/inspection companies, along with leaders from international trade associations from the textile, apparel and footwear industry.
The topic areas on the agenda include the following in 45-minute sessions with Q&A time for each so you can interact with the speakers:
- Updates on High-Risk Countries and Regions
- State and Country-Specific Product Testing Regulations
- Certificates of Compliance and US Customs
- Tech Tools for Risk-Based Quality Inspections
- Consumer Facing Sustainability Initiatives
- Ian Spaulding, Senior Advisor, Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety
- Benjamin Wilner, COO, Asia Inspection
- Lary Brown, Head of Global Sourcing Compliance, Esprit Corporation
- Kitty Man, Senior Product Safety Manager, VF Corporation
- Alex Thomas, Vice President Supply Chain & Manufacturing, VF Corporation
- Avedis Seferian, President &CEO, Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP)
- Ashely Hegland, Regional Director, Business & Social Purpose, Edelman Consulting
- Billy Blay, SVP-QA & QC, Brown Shoe Company
- David Pircher, Business Development Manager, Oeko-Tex
- Christy Chan, Deputy Director, Key Account Management, SGS Testing
- Joyce Chau, China Representative, Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI)-Foreign Trade Association
- Tina Meng, Engineer, GTT
- Christopher Tam, Technical Director, Sears
The event is open to any retailer, brand, manufacturer or supplier working in the apparel and footwear space for a cost of $1400/HKD and lunch will be provided at the Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel.
Previous attendees at the event include senior executives from Coach, Adidas, New Balance, Andre HK, Bon-Ton Stores, Britax Childcare, Li & Fung, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Marks & Spencer, Quiksilver, Target, PVH Corporation to name a few.
A group of industry not-for-profit and trade associations have partnered with ecVision to promote this event to its members.
- American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA)
- American Chamber of Commerce (Hong Kong)
- United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA)
- Clothing Industry Training Authority (CITA)
- Footwear Distributors and Retailers Association (FDRA)
- Sustainable Fashion Business Consortium (SFBC)
Sponsoring companies such as WRAP, Asia Inspection, Oeko-Tex, and SGS will also have tabletop exhibits so attendees can meet and discuss more about the topics with each group.
ecVision is offering limited discounts and free passes to its customers and its close connections in the industry. Contact the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a discount code. Registration is available by clicking this link http://bit.ly/1IlXdo2.
About ecVision ecVision offers a cloud-based supply chain collaboration platform that optimizes product lifecycle and supply chain processes. The enterprise platform, ecVision Suite™, reflects the standardized business processes from design to delivery, creating a single collaborative solution for private label brands, retailers and their trading partners. With increased visibility and workflow, users can improve their reaction time to demand changes, shorten product lifecycles, lower product and materials costs, and improve sourcing and logistic efficiencies. Learn more at www.ecvision.com.