ecVision Releases New Audit and Inspect Modules to Help Retailers and Brand Owners Manage Compliance
Web-based Configurable Solution Facilitates Supplier Programs
(ISELIN, NJ, JUNE 18, 2009) ecVision, an award-winning provider of PLM and supply chain software solutions, announced that it is offering new functional modules that extend the capabilities in XpressCommerce®. The Audit and Inspect modules enable retail and private label manufacturers to collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure factory/supplier compliance, product quality and brand protection.
“Factory and product inspections are a vital component to any retail operation. Item quality and safety, in addition to supplier social responsibility standards and regulatory practices must be enforced to protect brand integrity and reduce the risk of costly product recalls. This applies equally across all industries without regard to the product,” said Cheryl Layne, VP of Products for ecVision. As a role-based system, users of these modules can include internal sourcing, quality assurance and legal teams, overseas buying offices, suppliers, agents, external inspectors, and others to achieve greater visibility into the processes.
ecVision XpressCommerce® is a modular, configurable, web-based solution for private label owners and manufacturers to facilitate better relationships with trading partners through standardized documents and process flow from product concept to receipt. The end result is minimized risk, lower supply chain costs, improved speed to market and the protection of brand quality.
The Audit module provides the ability to: • Communicate with inspection teams and schedule compliance inspections
• Calendar and schedule recurring audits
• Monitor and manage vendor and factory performance for on-time delivery, social compliance,
environmental footprint, and regulatory compliance
• Establish audit processes and ensure audits are performed and compliance is reached
• Analyze risk by cross-matching current and future activity with non-compliant suppliers
• Select suppliers that meet compliance standards using KPIs
• Lockdown activity, like future orders, with non-compliant suppliers
The capabilities in the Inspect module enable the:
• Scheduling of product inspections with audit and inspection companies
• Online inspection forms for tracking production quality and compliance results
• Enforces consistent standards
• Building of KPI scorecards based on product quality
• Retailers to lock-down activity with non-compliant suppliers
Currently in use by global companies, a full product release of the Audit and Inspect modules is planned for June 2009. To learn more about ecVision’s solutions, visit www.ecvision.com.
ecVision provides sourcing and supply chain management software for private brands that enable collaboration and visibility with their supply network. Headquartered in New Jersey, ecVision has offices in Hong Kong and China, in addition to a partner network in 15 countries providing overseas support to worldwide users. Every day, industry-leading companies around the world including Li & Fung Ltd, Phillips-Van Heusen, New Balance, JCPenney, Abercrombie & Fitch, BonTon, Timberland and others use ecVision’s award-winning software to effectively run their business.