TOLLAND, Conn., USA, May 5, 2017 – The intersection of technology and fashion is the theme of Bill Brewster’s presentation during IACDE. Bill is the vice president and general manager, enterprise software solutions for Gerber Technology, the world leader in integrated software and automation solutions for the apparel and industrial markets. The convention takes place May 4-7 in the fashion capital of the world, Milan.
The theme of this year’s convention is “Mega-trends and their influence on the fashion industry”. Brewster looks forward to discussing how mainstream technology and fashion intersects and the opportunities that technology provides now and for the near future. He will be covering topics such as the influence of cloud computing, 3D imaging, IoT, digital printing and mobile devices.
Key points for these trends include:
- Cloud computing – aids efficient supply chain processes and collaboration for customers and partners around the globe.
- 3D imaging – accelerating design and development, enhancing communication and reducing samples allowing decreased time to market.
- IoT – enables connectivity to ensure data flow from process to process without error from a garment design to the store shelf.
- Digital printing – allows for mass customization and fast fashion, bringing concept to consumer in a matter of days.
- Mobile devices – enabling inspiration anywhere, ensuring production quality and socialization of concepts before they hit the stores.
“There are so many shifts in fashion occurring right now, and as a result of those shifts, there is a real ‘need-for-speed’ to stay on trend in the fashion world,” says Brewster. “Digitization has had a tremendous impact on the way that garments are designed, developed and produced.”
Gerber plays a key role in the intersection between technology and fashion. Their key areas of innovation include: digital design, cloud computing, mobile devices, 3D imaging, smart automation and data management.
The IACDE World Convention 2017 includes factory visits, speeches and workshops, panel discussions and will feature an innovation marketplace where world-leading apparel suppliers exhibit the latest innovations.
About Gerber Technology
Gerber Technology delivers industry-leading software and automation solutions that help apparel and industrial customers improve their manufacturing and design processes and more effectively manage and connect the supply chain, from product development and production to retail and the end customer. Gerber serves 78,000 customers in 130 countries, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies in apparel & accessories, home and leisure, transportation, packaging and sign & graphics. The company develops and manufactures its products from various locations in the United States and Canada and has additional manufacturing capabilities in China.
Based in Connecticut in the USA, Gerber Technology is owned by AIP, a New York based, global private equity firm specializing in the technology sector and has more than $3.0 billion assets under management. Visit www.gerbertechnology.com