Leading North American Retailer – Hudson’s Bay Trading Company – Selects TradeStone’s Retail PLM Software as Cornerstone for Their Merchandise Lifecycle Management Strategy
(Gloucester, MASS., July 15, 2010) Merchandise Lifecycle Management Software to Be Rolled Out at Lord & Taylor in the US and across Canadian retail banners including the Bay, Zellers, Home Outfitters and Fields
• TradeStone Software, delivering Merchandise Lifecycle Management (MLM) solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of private label and branded goods, today announced that leading North American retailer, Hudson’s Bay Trading Company (HBTC), has purchased the full suite of Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions from TradeStone.
• TradeStone’s solutions will be rolled out at HBTC in its US banner Lord & Taylor as well as across its Canadian retail entity Hudson’s Bay Company. Hudson’s Bay Company is Canada’s largest diversified general merchandise retailer with nearly 60,000 associates and more than 600 retail locations across its four banners, including the Bay, Zellers, Home Outfitters and Fields.
• TradeStone’s MLM suite, which includes PLM for Retail, Global Sourcing, Order Management, Supplier Management and Logistics & Finance solutions, will replace Hudson’s Bay Trading Company’s legacy import management systems and provide a shared merchandise backbone to help increase efficiencies across the organization.
• TradeStone’s software will also help eliminate disparate sourcing, ordering and delivery systems such as emails and spreadsheets and provide a single system that offers cross-functional visibility, interaction and collaboration for a more agile and integrated retail supply chain.
• “We evaluated multiple vendors for a system that could support our private label design and replace our current infrastructure with a breadth of functionality to take us to the next level and TradeStone was the clear choice,” said Dan Smith, CIO, Hudson’s Bay Company. “We were very focused on creating an integrated process from design to our store shelves across each of our banner organizations, and TradeStone demonstrated its ability to meet our needs through the capabilities of its solution as well as the experience and retail knowledge of its team.”
• “We are pleased that HBTC, and both its US and iconic Canadian retail entity, has selected TradeStone as their merchandise backbone,” said Sue Welch, CEO, TradeStone Software. “We are committed to helping our customers design more efficiently, source more effectively, and respond more quickly to their customers’ requirements, all of which provide measurable bottom line results.”