A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
- Cookie — Name — Purpose
- DYNSRV — Dynamic Server — This cookie is added by our load balancer to track which web server to send the visitor to. It’s purpose is to improve the performance of the website. This cookie is essential for our site to provide optimised and fast content to your browser.
- sessionid — PHP Session ID — This cookie is used by the website to identify you during your session. A lot of the time it isn’t used at all, but if you decide to do something complex during your visit that isn’t simply clicking a link to move from one page to another (such as filling out a form), the website uses this ID to identify you throughout the process to make sure it runs smoothly.
- __ga, __gat — Google Analytics –The cookie enables us to track the path of visitors through the website and identifying returning visitors. Statistics derived from this information help us identify how well certain pages and aspects of the site perform, and where we can make improvements to help visitors access the information they need more quickly and with less hassle.
- bp-activity-oldestpage — BB Press Forum — The “bp-activity-oldestpage” cookie remembers what page of activity the “load more” button was last set. This allows you to use our site in a way that makes your browsing experience more convenient
- __atuvc, __atuvs, .go.affec.tv, .adnxs.com, .adnxs.com, .go.affec.tv, xtc, dt, di2, uid, vc — AddThis — This is one of the services we use to provide social media sharing functionality. These cookies provide analytical information about where and how often our content is shared using Addthis. They also allow Addthis to customize their buttons to your useage patterns. Addthis cookies also generate data for Addthis to provide you advertising across the internet more relevant to you – You can opt out from your information being used by Addthis in this way at the following link http://www.addthis.com/advertising-choices.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 2 years.
Last update: June 2016.