New features include enhanced web functionality, flexible reporting options, secure credit card processing, and multi-currency selling.
(MIAMI, APRIL 28, 2009) NGC® (New Generation Computing®) today announced the release of RedHorse® 2009, the leading ERP solution for apparel, footwear and fashion. RedHorse 2009 takes information access and web functionality to a new level, with secure web access now available to management and internal users, as well as customers.
Fast, easy information access through web-based reporting
Web-based reporting is a key feature of RedHorse 2009, allowing authorized users to generate and view RedHorse reports from any location via the web. This allows them to securely access and quickly review critical business information, such as current inventory levels, Available to Sell, and financial position. In addition, authorized customers may also use secure web access to enter orders, collaborate and review the status of orders.
RedHorse® 2009 includes additional query capabilities and reporting enhancements, such as the ability to schedule reports to run at specified times. It also offers greater reporting flexibility through the use of SQL reporting services and core datamarts that allow information to be analyzed in many different formats.
Newly designed, user-friendly screen layouts greatly enhance the user experience in RedHorse 2009. Other features include:
– Secure credit card pre-approval and processing – Wholesalers and manufacturers can now offer the convenience of credit card payment to their customers. This provides a flexible alternative to factoring and/or Accounts Receivable collections, with the assurance that credit is pre-approved prior to manufacturing or shipping the goods.
– Multi-currency selling – RedHorse 2009 supports multiple currencies, allowing companies to extend their customer base to other countries in order to increase sales and open up new markets. The multi-currency selling feature starts with Order Entry and extends all the way through to Accounts Receivable.
– Single sign-in access to SQL Series. RedHorse 2009 supports single sign-in access via the newly developed SQL Portal to any of NGC’s SQL Series products – RedHorse, e-PLM® and e-SPS® for Global Sourcing and Visibility. The SQL Portal also allows users to access the RedHorse dashboard, allowing them to view real-time business data and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
– Support for pre-packs – Inventory of pre-packed products and the ability to take orders and invoice for pre-packs is included in RedHorse 2009.
– Third-party software integration – The new release provides full software integration with the Demand Solutions® planning suite from Demand Management, Inc. (DMI) and with the Foxfire Warehouse Management System (WMS).
“RedHorse is the premier apparel-specific ERP solution available today, and the latest release is a feature-rich, user-friendly solution that offers extraordinary value,” said Alan Brooks, president, NGC. “RedHorse 2009 meets the needs of today’s mobile workforce and is designed to help companies manage their business more carefully than ever in this difficult economic climate.”
About New Generation Computing
NGC delivers fast, proven ROI. Every day, the industry’s best brands and retailers increase gross margins, reduce the cost of goods sold, and improve speed to market and product quality with NGC software.
NGC’s SQL Series is a comprehensive suite of integrated, end-to-end solutions for PLM (e-PLM®), Global Sourcing (e-SPS®) and ERP (RedHorse®). NGC received the highest possible ranking in a leading analyst firm’s 2008 report on PLM for apparel and footwear and has been recognized as a top 100 supply chain and logistics company by both Inbound Logistics and Global Logistics & Supply Chain Strategies. It’s no wonder that VF Corporation®, A|X Armani Exchange®, Carter’s®, Casual Male Retail Group®, Maggy London, R.G. Barry, Hugo Boss®, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Isda & Co., Tristan & America®, Parigi Group and many other leading companies rely on NGC.
NGC has offices in Miami, New York, Los Angeles, China, India, Mexico and El Salvador and is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Software Inc. (NASDAQ: AMSWA). For more information, visit www.ngcsoftware.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to substantial risks and uncertainties. There are a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated by statements made herein. These factors include, but are not limited to, changes in general economic conditions, technology and the market for the Company’s products and services, including economic conditions within the e-commerce markets; the timely availability and market acceptance of these products and services; the Company’s ability to satisfy in a timely manner all SEC required filings and the requirements of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the rules and regulations adopted under that Section; the challenges and risks associated with integration of acquired product lines and companies; the effect of competitive products and pricing; the uncertainty of the viability and effectiveness of strategic alliances; and the irregular pattern of the Company’s revenues. For further information about risks the Company could experience as well as other information, please refer to the Company’s Form 10-K for the year ended April 30, 2008 and other reports and documents subsequently filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For more information, contact: Vincent C. Klinges, Chief Financial Officer, American Software, Inc., (404) 264-5477 or fax: (404) 237-8868.