TradeStone Software Appoints Former Oracle Retail Executive Chris Morrison to Senior Vice President of Sales, Americas
(GLOUCESTER, MASS., SEPTEMBER 09, 2010) Chris Morrison to drive Sales Strategy and Execution for TradeStone’s Merchandise Lifecycle Management Solutions.
• TradeStone Software, delivering Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of private label and branded goods, today announced the appointment of Chris Morrison to Senior Vice President of Sales, Americas. In his new position, Morrison will oversee the sales teams’ strategy and execution as the company ramps up to respond to growing demand from the retail market for its award-winning Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions and unified buying approach.
• As SVP of Sales for the Americas, he will grow the company’s business in North America and oversee development of TradeStone’s expansion into Central and South America.
• Morrison joins TradeStone from Oracle Retail where he served in numerous roles in sales, marketing and product management. During his tenure at Oracle, Morrison had global responsibility for Oracle Retail’s advanced planning and supply chain suite – expanding the footprint in terms of product offerings and market coverage.
• Previously, he held senior level roles in sales, product management and consulting at ProfitLogic and i2 Technologies. Morrison holds an MBA and MS in Mechanical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a BS in Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania.
• “TradeStone is a company that has long been recognized by the industry for its vision and purpose,” said Chris Morrison, Senior Vice President of Sales, TradeStone Software. “I am excited to be able to provide retailers with a single solution that addresses some of their greatest challenges in managing the merchandise cycle. I look forward to working with TradeStone’s talented team to further grow the business.”
• “Over the past year we’ve strengthened the capabilities of our software suite and expanded our executive team to best leverage the growing market demand for Merchandise Lifecycle Management technology,” said Sue Welch, CEO, TradeStone Software. “Chris’s strong retail technology background and extensive experience with both product and market expansion will be a driving force in our positioning as the solution of choice for retailers looking for next generation merchandising technology.”