Visual 2000 releases version 3.1 of itsVisualPLM.net PLM solution for the fashion and softgoods industries. The latest software includes advanced change management capabilities, usability enhancements, and improved data migration tools.
(MONTREAL, QC CANADA and NEW YORK, NY USA, MAY 04, 2010) Visual 2000 International Inc. announces the release of version 3.1 of its popular VisualPLM.net® product lifecycle management software for fashion and softgoods retailers, brands, manufacturers, and suppliers. The new release builds on the already functionally complete PLM solution by adding advanced change management capabilities designed to save time and increase productivity for merchandising and product development teams as well as their vendor partners. The updated software also gets improved data migration tools that facilitate the import of large amounts of product information from spreadsheets, PDM, and other legacy systems. Other notable improvements include greater user control for managing the display of information in the system and integration of the Crystal Reports® Engine within VisualPLM.net.
“This latest release confirms our commitment to continuous improvement of our software,” stated Charles Benoualid, Visual 2000 Vice President of Research and Development. “We are constantly collaborating on new ways to help our customers achieve greater value with our technology. We are eager to demonstrate our latest solutions across the industry as we can clearly deliver significant business improvements and savings for virtually any company; even those that have traditional PDM or PLM systems. We believe that, just as in the fast-paced industry we serve, our innovation and customer focus will enable us to grow where others retreat.”
VisualPLM.net version 3.1 comprises a number of new and enhanced tools that add new capabilities, improve system usability, and increase productivity.
• Data Migration tools streamline the new system setup and configuration by making it faster and easier for users to import large amounts of source data from Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets, PDM, and other legacy systems. Data import is enhanced with error checking and reporting tools to ensure accurate migration of data.
• Cost Factor Loading allows import of company-specific costing factors or rules that are used to calculate product costs based on a variety of product attributes such as royalty costs related to a specific brand. Once imported to the system library, these factors can be easily applied to system cost sheets via drop down menus.
• Crystal Reports® – takes new report creation to a new level by integrating the Crystal Report Engine within VisualPLM.net. User security can be set at the individual report level to ensure security of sensitive information.
• Mass Update tools enable users to instantly update one or more data fields, eliminating the requirement to edit individual tech packs. Items can be filtered by specific criteria to accomplish selective updates. For example, a new color can be added to a select group of styles in one step.
• Cross Block Cascading refines the choices presented in drop-down choice lists based on selections made in other fields. For example, only relevant size range choices are presented based on product type selection.
• Multi-Level Spec Fit automatically populates approved fit measurements from one session to the next, allowing users to manage various fit sessions without double entry of measurement data.
• Grid Data Management gives users more control over information that is displayed in grid format, including the ability to show or hide select columns, disable row deletion, designate required fields that must be populated before saving changes, shadow or share columns of information in a grid across various tabs, add grid items from a search view, and more.
• Tech Pack Tab Management allows users to show, hide, or reorder templates in a tech pack on the fly.
• Collapsible Headers and Tabs allow users to collapse the page header to gain greater visibility of components in work. Headers and Tabs can also be set to default in either opened or closed position at the individual template level to further personalize the work area.
Visual PLM.net provides retailers, brands, and their supply chain partners with a configurable, out-of-the-box software solution for managing all product information and images, colors and raw materials, merchandise and line plans, size and technical specifications, sampling and costing, time and action calendars, and other critical business assets and processes. By making this always-up-to-date information readily accessible to all, Visual PLM.net improves team and partner collaboration, increases process visibility, reduces product costs, and streamlines the entire concept-to-delivery business process.