YuniquePLM V6 Continues Commitment to Efficiency, Speed and User Experience
October 17, 2014 – Yunique Solutions, a business unit of Gerber Technology, has announced the availability of YuniquePLM V6, updated to improve speed, efficiency and usability for the fashion and apparel industry.
“Our customers have truly helped us to drive the latest enhancements we made with the release of YuniquePLM V6,” said Bill Brewster, Yunique Solutions General Manager. “The new development calendar and line planning functions, are a direct result of customer input. We understand how essential these steps are in their workflow. In addition to these core functions, we also upgraded the user interface to reduce clicks and key strokes so our users can accomplish key tasks more quickly and efficiently.”
Founded, developed and serviced by industry professionals with experience in manufacturing, ERP, product development and other integrated apparel systems; Yunique Solutions delivers the finest product lifecycle management solutions for the fashion and apparel industry. Yunique Solutions is a combination of technology, process and people – each component absolutely crucial for successful and satisfied customers.
A selection of innovations and enhancements in the latest release of YuniquePLM include:
- This new powerful, yet intuitive calendaring tool provides complete product development visibility across the enterprise, ultimately reducing redundancies, saving time and ensuring accountability.
- Users are able to define beginning and end times, owners and dependences, and even manage external events and activities and critical paths.
- Accompanied by a graphical calendar of milestones and tasks, users can easily drag-and-drop to rearrange timing or dependencies.
- YuniquePLM’s line planning capabilities allow users to plan everything, from business financials to product development.
- Capture planned units and initial style data to forecast budgets and financials by adding SKU plans and pricing information early on in the process.
- Designers may enter planned colors and materials and track them against the styles in the Line List, as the projects move from development to approved commitments.
- Create storyboards by creating or linking image catalogs to the plan. Determine the materials that should be used and gain visibility to what is actually being used.
- Remain up to date with notifications about changes that are being made in line plans that may impact styles in the line list.
3D File Support:
- As 3D printing and advanced CAD development take hold, YuniquePLM V6 is available for storage needs. The system allows users to view, store and analyze 3D files in one location, either internally or through a partner via a vendor portal.
Mass Sample Request Development:
- YuniquePLM V6 allows users to create styles, materials, samples, RFQs and edits en masse, to speed the process and reduce data entry time.
- A new image caching function has been implemented system-side, dramatically improving page loading and performance.
About Yunique Solutions: Yunique Solutions is the product lifecycle management business unit of Gerber Technology. YuniquePLM and webPDM software enables organizations to connect their creative teams with their supply chain to get the right products to market, on time and at the right cost. These systems can help businesses of all sizes accelerate time to market, reduce lead time and improve margins by managing the details of line plans, tech packs and samples and simplifying communication and collaboration with global partners.
About Gerber Technology: For more than four decades, Gerber Technology has been a world leader in providing s sophisticated hardware and software solutions to automate and more effectively manage product design and manufacturing processes. The company serves approximately 25,000 customers, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies in the aerospace, apparel, retail, composites, packaging, furniture, technical textiles, specialty graphics and transportation interiors industries in 130 countries. Gerber’s products help users move faster, at less cost and with the highest quality. http://www.gerbertechnology.com